I'm sure you're thinking "isn't this the same as postsecret.com" or "secretregrets.com"? And I'm not gonna lie - they inspired me! They are two fantastic sites that help people vent, share and talk about things they may otherwise keep bottled up inside.
I got to thinking - when I want to blog about a pet peeve or send in my secret - it gets lost in the masses. I've sent comments & secrets to postsecret, but they've never been posted. I can't blame Frank (who runs the site) - it's a huge undertaking to get to all of them - the site has grown so large in the last 4 years.
This got me thinking. What if I had a site that just let people email me whatever was on their mind that they couldn't share with their friends, family or anyone?
The other day I went to blog a pet peeve and realized - no one cares! But I'll bet if I had a more public open forum to post it - I'd get more feedback - and probably feel better about my little peeve.
I've sent in three secrets to postsecret -- two by email and one actual card. I look and look - but have never seen it. Then it occurred to me -- I would have to keep up with the books, myspace, twitter, and the site with fingers crossed to see if my secret ever made it to the masses. I think part of the thrill of sharing the secrets is knowing you aren't alone.
What if it's as simple as just a BAD DAY? Things have been bleak for those around me what with the economy, jobloss, health problems and what-not. What good am I doing by adding to it with my rant about my bad day? And blogging it in my public blog is the same as telling them. A little vent to an anonymous crowd may be just the therapy I'm looking for.
More later ...
Nameless
The New PostSecret Book
12 years ago
2 comments:
<3 love the idea
Thank you!
Post a Comment